Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Top 10 Action Movies of All Time


I am a movie fanatic. Yep, I probably spend more time watching movies than most of my friends, whether it's on DVD or on the internet in those free streaming movies online or torrent files that I download from the internet, you name it I've done it. I guess there really comes a point in your life when you want to sit back and relax and say no to parties, relationships and hanging out with friends. Although I’ll have to respond to their invitation sometime soon or they’ll stop talking to me forever. LOL. Anyways I just want to share my top 10 most favorite action movies of all time, and here they are:

  • Number 10 would have to be The Matrix. When I first saw the Matrix film I said to myself  ‘okay I get it we have some concept about cyberspace and interacting with machines, but I never expected to see anything like it’ it just literally blew my mind out of proportions. It’s a mixture of eastern and western ideas in both the story and the action sequences. I loved it!



  • At number 9 I’d have to say 007 James Bond: From Russia with Love. It took a while before I accepted Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig as a suitable replacement for the classic Sean Connery James Bond who is my favorite of course. But I’ll always remember the thrill of how Connery portrayed a British Mi6 secret agent in a time where espionage was happening in all parts of the world.



  • A notch down I’ll give the number 8th spot to The Predator movie. It is pure thrill and scary s@#t that I almost wet my pants when I first saw it in 1990’s when I was 10 years old. Plus Arnold Schwarzenegger was very imposing on screen but when I saw him fought that ugly Predator I was like “what in God’s name is going on here?!!” It took me a few years to realize that the Predator was physically and technologically superior to him.



  • I’ll give number 7 to Bruce Willis in his epic film Die Hard. I think that Willis’ acting is one of the most likable in Hollywood, maybe not in the melodramatic kind of sense but overall the guy is a good actor. I always go see his movies in theaters.



  • At number 6 I’ll have to say The Hulk 2003, Ang Lee is indeed a genius when it comes to movies. Unfortunately, many people did not understand the ending scene, but in the comic books he often defeats the Absorbing Man (which was his dad in the movie) by overloading him. 



  • The 5th placer has got to be Avatar, I just simply love James Cameron’s enthusiasm incorporated in his movies. In many ways I can relate to his view on his work as more of an adventure than an average day job, and like him I like to work in a place where I enjoy a lot. The movie was awesome! Whether you’ve watched in 2D or 3D you won’t be disappointed. James Cameron is the conqueror of movies. No other movie director ever came close to breaking box office records like he does.



  • Number 4 is my childhood favorite The Transformers, even though Michael Bay reinvented the franchise he did a wonderful job. ILM also did a marvelous job in bringing the Autobots and Decepticons to life, I don’t think I’ve had that much fun watching an action adventure film like I did when watching the movie.



  • The 3rd placer is Marvel’s Iron Man. Now there’s something that you don’t see everyday! I really loved watching the Phoenix metaphor in the film’s story and Downey Jr. was a very charismatic actor to portray Anthony Stark – billionaire, playboy, industrialist, extraordinaire.



  • My number 2 choice is Terminator 2: Judgement Day the machine wars culminated in the heart of the young John Conner. I could never get over the phrase “hasta la vista baby” and action movies was never this good. Arnold Schwarzenegger has outdone himself in T1 and it’s probably one of his best films ever.



  • And finally my most favorite action movie ever is Thor! Oh yes I’m into poetry and prose, for me the movie was a combination of the action in Brave Heart, the dramatic attributes of a stage play and the modern touch of our generation. True I was expecting someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger to play the role but they pulled it off nicely with a simple true to the comic book story. 



Perhaps you can tell me what your top 10 action movies of all time as well, but in the meantime all I can say is that if you haven’t seen these movies then you won’t know what Hollywood action really means.


No comments:

Post a Comment